We had a few days off form school so we decided to take the trailer out for our last trip this season. It is hard to believe that we have finished our first season of camping with the best purchase we have ever made. When Jason came to me and said that he thought that we should buy a trailer I thought he was joking. !st of all I had only been camping a few times and second in this economy it seemed like a frivolous purchase. Well after we have talked to many families and experienced a season together as a family, we now know what all these great families were talking about. It really is magical to see what happens to us when we are out camping together as a family in the trailer. Dylan's quotable for this trip was: "Why do we have to have so much flippin fun on these stupid camping trips, it just makes you guys want to go out again!"
This camping trip was our 1st official trip camping in the Wild West. Pulling into West Yellowstone sure felt like it too. We had to stop at Henry's Fork to see Grandpa Buehner's new fishing cabin. It was so cold that just stopping to take this photo was about all the kids could handle. Lucky Gramps had the heat on so we could get warm inside. We are really looking forward to going up and camping along the river this summer with Gramps.

West Yellowstone was a very fun town. Of course it had all the little trinket stores that you would expect. We had fun looking around. Isaac even spotted a buffalo!

I have to say that I think Jason could not be happier than when we are altogether camping. At night getting our jammies on turning on the heater and cuddling and watching a movie with me and his dog.

We started off this camping season early (March) and finished late (Oct). That is the joy of having a trailer. Our last morning we woke up to a little bit of snow!


I have only been to Yellowstone one other time that I can remember. It sure is a magical place. It was awesome to see this amazing part of our country. The geysers, animals, and landscape were all breath taking. Here are some photos that documented this awesome trip!
7 comments:
Your trip looks like so much fun! So many comments:
1)I can't believe that Dylan took that dare. Such a Slatter dare and only a Slatter parent would pay 100 bucks for their kids to jump in freezing cold water. This is what we LOVE about you Slatters.
2)Love your shirt Sara. Did Jason love it too??
3)Looks like it was freezing, but aren't you glad you did it anyway?
4)Love your bikes. I need to move somewhere where we can ride our bikes like you have. I love that!
Yes Penny Jason loves my Edward T-shirt. It is now my Edward jammies....wearing it right now actually! xoxox
Hi Sara, I loved your pics of Yellowstone. Hank, Katie and I spent 5 nights -- 6 days at The YellowStone Hotel in July. We toured all sections of the park it was amazing! The bison, the elk, the brown bears and the black bears. My only disappointment was that I did not see any wolves. Other people did but we didn't. We had a great experience out west. I am envious you get to live there! Enjoy! Miss you guys! Sally
Awesome Sara- i also love your night shirt and the fact that when I saw your log picture, i smiled big and thought of our girls trip quotable. Lots of love!
What a great trip! How fun to be close enough to so many place to take the camper out. You've definitely gotten the use out of it!
Truly magical. I am so glad I can read this awesome blog!! :)
I love reading about your family adventures your closeness as a family is so evident! So cute!
Post a Comment