After a lot of thought...and feeling guilty that I did not make it to last weeks Obama rally, we set off this morning to the Sarah Palin rally. I was just going to go with my friends Penny and Emily and our little ones, but at the last minute Zach and Camilla wanted to go so I got them out of school. Let me say that I have never done anything like this before and it was quite an adventure. I was disappointed in many ways but also really impressed. I was disappointed that the Obama supports were yelling nasty comments as we walked in. I was also disappointed that the McCain supports were booing Obama supporters. I can do without the negative comments.
The kids really thought that the energy level was awesome and it made all of us proud to be Americans. The kids were excited to be a part of this democratic process in a small way. I am glad that we took a minute to see the importance getting to know the candidates and of casting a vote. That women are as equal as men and can hold high political positions. This is a very historical time to see a women and a black man running for office.
What ever your political position (we each have our own), today I was proud to see a glimpse of American History. I will be even more proud next Tuesday as a woman to cast my vote!

Maybe it was so awesome because I got a little ego trip when 5,000 people were chanting my name! SARA! SARA! SARA! Clara got a big kick out of this.

On our way into the rally. It was a long walk through the woods to a large open area where the stage was set up. I stopped and bought the girls TEAM SARAH t-shirts....I just had to.

The kids were troopers. It was cold....really cold and all they could see was the back of the adults in front of them.
2 comments:
We had fun with you guys today! Now I wish we'd done the Obama rally as well!
"Go Sara, Go Sara, Go Sara!" I just thought that you needed a little more this morning to get you up and going.
Thanks for the great time! and for the great pictures.
Post a Comment